22 March 2011

Call for Stories: "Living the Difference" Book Sequel

Post date: 22 March 2011
Deadline: 15 July 2011

I am a 56 year old divorced gay male who came out later in life. Having been married for several years, I am the father of two fantastic sons. I went through what many in the gay community have gone through themselves, struggles with identity, as well as fitting in a “one-sided” society. While I lead a seemingly straight life throughout my early and younger middle age years, I knew I was definitely different from the so called “typical male”. I married my high school sweetheart and began on a journey of hope that my true inner feelings and desires would someday change.

I have written a book recently released that I am using as a vehicle on my mission to educate the world’s population about understanding and accepting people who are gay. My book lifts the curtain on the so called “gay lifestyle”, revealing a human portrait that resonates regardless of gender or sexual orientation. It’s been termed a portrait of success, of meaning, and of hope. It lights a candle against the darkness of ignorance.

I am currently in the process of writing the sequel due out late 2011. From the many reviews and responses from readers both homosexual and heterosexual alike, I intend to devote a chapter in showcasing three individual and unique stories from readers relating to the toughest struggle they encountered on their own path to understanding and acceptance of homosexuality. It will give each participant a chance to have their story published, reaching thousands upon thousands of individuals throughout the world. We all want to leave a mark somewhere of our existence on this earth and this could well be the way to leave yours!

There is no cost involved whatsoever in entering the contest and the three winners will not only be featured in the sequel, but will also receive a signed certificate of inclusion that will be placed inside their own original autographed hard cover copy of the release. In addition, they will be my personal guests at a book signing location of their choice from the list of appearances subsequent to the book release. They too, will have the opportunity to put their signature in their own section on those books during the book signing event. Be a part of some well deserved publicity you’ve been longing for.

The guidelines are simple. Submission must be in a Microsoft word document of no greater length than 1,200 words. It must be an original story not previously published or in any form of media presentation. Please include with your submission your name, residence, and email address. Submissions must be received by July 15, 2011. The three winners will be notified by email, as well as publicity releases by August 30, 2011. Submit to: joechuckknudson@gmail.com Spam or inappropriate submissions will immediately be disqualified.

I look forward to receiving your submission and possibly meeting at one of my book signings.

J.C. (Joe) Knudson, Author of Living the Difference: an enlightening story revealed for people of all ages straight or gay

More information here.
This blog is no longer updated. Please instead visit Writers For Diversity for new opportunities for women/ LGBT writers and writers of color. Thank you.