Gay Play Day is a festival of short plays by lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered playwrights, running in Toronto on September 29 & 30th, 2012 (venue TBA). We are accepting submissions until June 25th at firstname.lastname@example.org
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Gay Play Day is now accepting submissions from playwrights and/or directors for the inaugural Gay Play Day festival which will take place at a downtown Toronto venue on September 29 & 30th, 2012. Gay Play Day is a festival of short plays written by LGBT writers about the LGBT experience.
- Each playwright and/or director may submit only one script—send us your best!
- We are only accepting electronic submissions in Word format.
- We are looking for short plays that run less than 15 minutes. Less is fine, longer is not. Ten minutes would be ideal.
- The title page should include the playwright's name, the character list and a brief synopsis of the play.
- The title page must also include the company's contact name (if different from playwright), address, phone number and email address.
- Plays should contain no more than 4 characters.
- Set and technical requirements should be fairly simple. We are talking basically lights up and lights down. Your set should also be minimal – a table and two chairs, for example. Nothing is even better!
- Musicals, children’s shows, and any unsolicited longer one-act or full-length plays are not accepted and will not receive a response.
- If selected, each company is responsible to cast and rehearse their own play.
- A tech person will be provided by Gay Play Day for the tech rehearsal and performances.
- Companies are not offered any financial compensation for their involvement, however the festival is a great format to showcase your creative talents.
- A cash prize will be awarded to the play that wins the audience favourite award.
- Gay Play Day is not associated with the Canadian Actors' Equity Association.
- Applicants will be notified of inclusion in the festival by July 10th, 2012.
For inquiries: email@example.com
For submissions: send script submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org