Deadline: 1 July 2012
Fat Daddy's Farm is seeking submissions for an upcoming anthology titled "Trash Told Tales: Trash Talkin’ from Whitetrashistan." This anthology will focus on the topic of white trash culture, literature and experiences. Possible submissions include short fiction, poetry, plays, creative non-fiction, and various types of artwork.
Possible topics include:
- white trash people doing trashy things
- trashy people doing white things
- personal truths from a white trash perspective
- interrogations of whiteness
- considerations of pejorative terms such as cracker, hillbilly, redneck and white trash
- the white trash aesthetic
- aspects of Southern culture or literature
- storytelling aspects of white trash experience
- poverty and rural culture
- stories set in trailer parks, rural settings, tenements, etc
- white trash parties, celebrations or vacations
- connections of class, gender and sexuality to the white trash experience
The deadline for submissions is July 1st, 2012. Potential contributors will be notified of acceptance about 90 days after that.
It is the mission of Fat Daddy’s Farm Press (fatdaddysfarm.org) to publish marginalized voices – narratives that fall through the cracks of the dominant discourse – and we feel that this topic deserves some serious consideration.
For inquiries: contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For submissions: submit a brief bio, cover letter and your contribution to the anthology to Fat Daddy's Farm via Submishmash