20 April 2011

Call for Submissions - Girl Fever: 69 Stories of Sudden S3x for Lesbians

Post date: 20 April 2011
Deadline: 15 August 2011

I want them short. I want them intense. And I still want fully-formed lesbian characters, evocative settings, and well-crafted prose. I also want variety, so do as much as you can to make your story individual, unique, one that only you could tell.


The encounters can be chance meetings, established couples in a rush, strangers-on-a-train (or elevator, or ski-lift, or whatever,) as long as you provide some justification for the s3x and for the hurry. Intriguing settings are a plus, if you can paint them in a few deft strokes. Every word counts. S3xually 3xplicit words are welcome, but if you can get your characters (and, most importantly, your readers) where they want to go by more subtle means, that could be okay too.

I need sixty-nin3 of these hot, concise, well-written stories, so I’m willing to use more than one per writer. Send as many as you like, and send them early so I can let you know if some of yours don’t work but I’d like to see more. I’m willing to work with writers who have interesting ideas. Excerpts from longer works that can stand by themselves will be considered. Reprints from obscure places will be considered if I don’t get enough new work.

Maximum of 1,200 words. Payment is $20 per story and a copy of the anthology to be edited by Sacchi Green and published by Cleis Press in 2012.

E-mail submissions (.doc or .rtf files) and queries to: sacchigreen@gmail.com

Contact Information:

For inquiries: sacchigreen@gmail.com

For submissions: sacchigreen@gmail.com

Website: http://www.cleispress.com/
This blog is no longer updated. Please instead visit Writers For Diversity for new opportunities for women/ LGBT writers and writers of color. Thank you.